To use Malwarebytes for Mac on your macOS or OS X computer, download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac. You can use this article to guide you through the Malwarebytes for Mac installation process.
Install Malwarebytes for Mac
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Locate the downloaded file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg.
3.x.y.zzz represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg to start the setup wizard.
If you cannot open the downloaded file because it is from an unidentified developer, refer to Apple's article macOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer.
- The setup wizard needs to run a program to determine if the software can be installed. Click Continue.
- The setup wizard displays an introduction to Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- The next screen shows the improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, then click Continue.
- To confirm you agree to the Software License Agreement, click Agree.
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer's User Name and Password, then click Install Software.
- Click Allow, then close the Security & Privacy window. Refer back to the setup wizard and click Continue.
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click Close to exit the setup wizard.
After you've completed the steps above, open Malwarebytes for Mac to start using the application.